It's hard to express how much of a productivity enhancer the Internet is. I've done all the research and communications for the loans on the web (actually, I've done almost everything on the web). The various financing we're doing has all been completed via email and web forms. I've never met the person who's handling the loans - I've never even talked to him on the phone. The only physical contact has been with appraisers and notaries. Even with them, we've met at coffee shops or our house.
So, the money's here. Now, we need to finish the design. Hopefully, by next week Eddie will be done and we can start the process of getting city approval.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
In June of this year, Rita and I decided to remodel our house. The considerations leading up to this could fill many posts (maybe I'll get to them someday). We proceeded in the following steps:
- Searched on the Internet for all Architects in Monterey that had a website.
- After talking to most of them it quickly became clear that our project was too small for most of them (which was a surprise to us).
- We narrowed down to 3 Architects that we thought we could work with.
- We spent 4 weekends driving around town looking at projects done by the Architects and checking references.
- After long consideration, we chose Eddie Hurt.
- After Eddie, we then went through a similar process to choose a Kitchen/Bath designer. We chose Kitchen Studio of Monterey.